Memorial Day just around the corner, and as we gear up for a 3-day weekend, there are a few things to take care of, if you plan to hit the road for a mini vacation.
Needless to say, your vehicle should be in tip-top shape, before you hit the road. Here at Waldorf Toyota, we have a team of experts to help with that!
Schedule an appointment with our Service Department, before you set out on your journey. Whether it’s an oil change and tire rotation that you need, or, you just want to have our technicians double check that everything is in proper working order, we’ve got you covered.
If it’s a replacement part that you’re in search of for your vehicle, contact our Parts Department. Our experts are standing by, waiting to find the perfect part to make your vehicle as good as new.
So, contact us today, and make sure that you’re putting your family in the safest vehicle possible, before you set out on your mini vacation.
April is National Car Care month, and in effort to help you ensure you’re taking the best care of your car possible, we’ve created a brief checklist of all the things that may get neglected throughout the year, especially during the busy winter months:
- Check Vehicle Registration Expiration Date – Now that we’re in a new month, and 4 months into the new year, double check your Registration on your vehicle to ensure the expiration date has not passed.
- Verify Your Automobile Insurance Coverage – Request a copy of your Insurance Declaration Page to ensure your coverage limits are where you want them to be, and that your premium is paid up-to-date.
- Check All Lights on Exterior of Vehicle – Ask a friend to help you ensure all your lights are working properly. Be sure to check your headlights and tail lights, brake lights, tag lights, and turning signals. If you’re in need of a replacement bulb, contact our Parts Department, and leave the searching to us!
- Check Brakes and Tires on Vehicle – Take the coin test to your tires. Be sure that you have the proper amount of tire tread on all four of your tires, and that all your tires are wearing properly. Schedule an appointment with our Service Department to ensure that your brakes are in tip-top shape, or if you’re in need of new tires or even just a rotation or balance. Our team of experts are waiting for your call.
- Check Fluids and Battery on Vehicle – Schedule an appointment with our Service Department to ensure all your fluid levels are where they should be, and that your battery is in proper working condition.
- Clean Windows, Inside and Outside – The winter months can be especially brutal on your vehicle, between the salt, dirt and grime that gets splattered onto your vehicle, all winter long, this is a great time to ensure your windows are clean, inside and out!
At any point in time, our fantastic teams in our Service Department and Parts Department are available to help. Visit us online, or contact us today to schedule your appointment, and make sure your car is spring-time ready!
It might be safe to assume that Winter is finally over, and, it’s time to start thinking forward to spring cleaning!
But spring cleaning isn’t only for your home or office.
Take the time this year to make sure you properly clean your car, and get it looking it’s best for spring and summer, with these few tips:
- Organize the glove box, and consoles. Sort through all of the paperwork in your glove box, and remove old insurance cards, vehicle registrations, and any other objects that you no longer need to cart around every day. Create a folder for your current vehicle registration and insurance card, and neatly place the important documents back inside of your glove box, to ensure that everything is there and easy to find when you need it!
- Clean the windows—inside and out. Wintertime driving can be pretty trying on the exterior of your car. Clean the windows extra, both inside and outside, with a clean towel, to ensure your visibility is never compromised.
- Remove clutter from your trunk. Sort through all of the clutter in your trunk, and take out anything you might not need this summer (snow brushes, ice melt, gloves, etc.) and store them away for next year. While your trunk is clean, verify that your spare tire is in perfect, working order, just in case!
- Scrub the exterior. Winter time can leave salt and road grime all over the exterior of your vehicle. Be sure to scrub off the salt, especially on the lower half of your vehicle, and make sure your paint stays looking brand new!
If you’re in need of service for your vehicle, to ensure it’s running it’s best before you venture out for your spring and summer adventures, contact our Service Department, today!